"......Nevermore." The Personal Blog of Raven Garcia, East-London based philosopher and connoisseur of fine beers.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Don't Ask.

"I'm Baaaaack!!!"

Apologies (if only to myself) that I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. As you know my folks went away for 10 days (Don't ask) and nothing exciting enough to write about really happened. I got stood up by Heather, ate a few curries and drank over 70 cans of beer. Oh, actually I did have a pretty cool day hanging round Camden Lock with Wes and Alfie on the Saturday. (Don't ask) But I'll write about last weekend just gone instead and take it from there.

Friday. Went to the Ben Crouch with Billy, Mandy, Johnny Brace and Steven, who is a friend of the Bracegirdle clan. I met Mandy at Tottenham Court Road tube and we walked through the backstreets taking the scenic route. I tried to convince Mandy that the Post Office Tower was a space rocket that they were going to launch in a few weeks time. She didn't believe me. (Why am I not surprised). It was good to see Billy out with us, and John as well. Sometimes I think John needs to go out even more than Billy does. We went from the Crouch to the 'Tepid Fox where it was a little more than tepid! But we got a table so it wasn't all bad. Got railroaded talking to some mad Irish guy at the bar (Don't ask) and that was that!

Saturday was okay as well. Me and Dean started off in the Bavarian Beerhouse. Anyone who has not been I would advise it just for the experience. It is a proper Bavarian beerhouse in the heart of London. (Well, City road.) But it's more of a sit-down affair where you get table service and they serve German food and of course German beer in those huge glasses. I watched an armwrestle between a German guy and a bald headed Ukrainian psychopath, who lost. The waitress seemed very eager to play a game with me. (Don't ask) I got all excited until I discovered she meant a game where you have to press down a plastic crocodile's teeth and the loser has to buy a round. I lost. We went from the Beerhouse to the Mucky Pup and met up with Alfie, Wes and his fianceƩ, Mattanja. She was quite lively and started giving everyone "Blue-noses". (Don't ask). Okay, For those of you who don't know, that's when you rub the chalk from the pool table on the end of someone's nose. (Depends on the colour of the chalk, I've had a few red-noses before now too.) But that was about all I can remember. My hands are sore from just typing up the entire DSA theory test (Don't ask). so I'll keep this post short and sweet and i'm off to the Ballroom tomorrow with Mandy and Billy and co after meeting up with the girls at the Templars. So I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Dean Saliba said...

Q: Which establishment did Dean injure his wrist by lifting up a glass of beer?

I wonder if that will make it into a pub quiz one day.