"......Nevermore." The Personal Blog of Raven Garcia, East-London based philosopher and connoisseur of fine beers.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Back to Civilisation.

I have returned unscathed from my painting / decorating vacation in Littlehampton. (Well, apart from a slight sunburn on my right arm – my left arm is as white as anything. If I hold them together they look like the polish flag.) My cousins are growing up really fast nowadays; Robert, the oldest of the two, is now taller than me. He’s 14. The painting job went okay, I’m amazed I managed to get through it without once falling off of the ladder or spilling any paint. We went to Arundel football club on Sunday afternoon to watch George (My youngest cousin)’s presentation. His team came second this season just gone and they have now been promoted so the club gave them all medals. Me and my uncle drank five pints each in the clubhouse – fuck me does he drink fast!! I had trouble keeping up with him.

I face a moral dilemma. I found a digital camera on the train. After looking through the photos it would seem that the guy works in a bar down the west end, which I could easily trace via the internet…but I’m not sure. It’s a nice camera. I don’t have a digital camera myself…and it could come in handy for this blog that nobody reads anyway. On the other hand, I could sell it - I’m sure it is worth a few bob. Humble readers, I need your help. Tell me what I should do. But not what is the right thing to do, I already know that. I want to know which option would be more interesting to write about afterwards.

a) Be a good citizen and attempt to return it.
b) Keep it, and finally be able to say that I own something that was made this millennium, or
c) Sell it in search of a fast buck to spend on having a drunken good time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last night was excellent. I went to the Lion on Church Street for Alfie’s gig. He and his new friend Harry played excellent sets each and Will and Jenna DJ’ed and played some great tunes. (I particularly liked their DJ names –Jenna Cidal and DJ Will Da Beast). I accompanied Alfie with the harmony for his Yardbirds cover of “For Your Love”, and tried my hand at a little stand-up comedy, which proved to be as popular as Danish bacon in a mosque. Everyone who is anyone was there – Spanky and Lee, Alfie’s flatmate Claire and her boyfriend, Lizzie and Dean.
(Pictured)
Alfie’s set was awesome – he played songs from his upcoming album “Demons Aren’t forever” including “Wall of Silence”, “Forgotten How To Sleep” and my personal favourite which I had not previously heard “Reflections in the Water”. I worked on the door charging people three quid each to get in and then drawing on their hands with a green felt tip. I drunk eight pints of Guinness in the Lion, and then we moved on to the Defoe where I had another two. Harry – Alfie’s mate – was being a bit of a prat especially to Jenna. If I see him again and he continues to do it I will have to take him to one side and tell him to cut it out. Other than that, and Alfie having a bit of a tantrum when people accused him of being tight (Which he isn’t, and for which we nearly got thrown out of the pub) – it was a great night. Can’t remember getting home at all but it is now 12 o clock the next day and my head hurts like hell.

No comments: