"......Nevermore." The Personal Blog of Raven Garcia, East-London based philosopher and connoisseur of fine beers.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thank god for Keith Floyd

Why is Daytime TV so shit?

Do the television people think that all we do during the daytime is sit at home looking for lower quotes on our car and home insurance? Sometimes I wish you could answer to those adverts that start by asking you questions. You know, those ones that come on and say "Are you a homeowner looking to borrow between 1,000 and 25,000 pounds?" or "Have you, or any menber of your family had an accident on the road or in the workplace?" For the last time, NO!!!! FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!! I do not want to consolidate my existing debts into one affordable monthly payment!! And even the programmes are pants. Bargain Hunt, Cash in the Attic etc - why not show a few repeats of Red Dwarf or something? Or one of those Australian aerobics shows featuring thos nice young ladies in bikinis? Thank god for Keith Floyd, who is top man.


Some of you may have noticed I have spiced up my blog a little with some new features including links to my journalism articles on
www.helium.com, Dean's Blog (www.deansaliba.com) and the hilariously titled "Big Wide Man in the Big Wide World", the personal blog of Wayne Saliba (Dean's younger and much larger Brother.) And there is also a link where you can find out exactly how long you have got to live. (www.deathclock.com). I've also added a Top-5 list of my favourite pubs in London, which I will update regularly as I find new ones or if I feel a certain drinking venue deserves taking down a notch due to bad experiences. For example up until last week the Dolphin in Mare Street would have been in there, but it is always packed, guinness is crap and they stop serving draught at midnight. (I plan to do a completely separate section on pubs soon, so look out for that.) I've also added "Country of the Week" section. This is for no reason at all other than it brightens up the page a bit. This will be chosen at random by me every now and again or whenever I feel like it. (not necessarily every week). But if you feel a particular country deserves a go in the spotlight then let me know. (This week, Malta was chosen by Dean and Wayne alike.) So there you go. I must dash now as I have to go jobhunting and be back before 5 because I am playing football tonight.

No comments: