"......Nevermore." The Personal Blog of Raven Garcia, East-London based philosopher and connoisseur of fine beers.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Bank Holiday Boozing

Went to Quinn's friday night with Dean and Adrian. Quinns is probably the best pub in London, with a wide selection of Belgian and German beers, however we came on a bad night because the fridge had packed up so all the beers were at room temperature. Not that it stopped me drinking about eight bottles of some lethally strong belgian beer called Gavroche. Adrian was his usual self. He has mentioned putting in a word for Dean at his place of work. (FADS decorating shop in Walworth Road) . Jenna came down with Ross and some of his friends - they had been to a ceilidh. (That's a Gaelic folk dance). We got a bus back to hackney central and then put Adrian on a 55 - all the while doing impressions of the Glaswegian drug rehab guy from little britain.

On Saturday I went to Barking in the afternoon with my folks - my stepdad wants to buy an even bigger TV for the living room. (i have explained to him that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the one we already have, but it's his money to waste if he wants. At least it means I might get the old one in my room!!) Went shopping after that and came home. I tried to ring around and raise a posse for a night on the town but only Dean said he was up for it. We went to the Ben Crouch and then on to the Intrepid Fox - fast becoming a saturday routine. It was fun, but uneventful at the same time. Still better than spending a night in front of the TV watching american idol or something. I don't know why my stepdad wants a TV when the programmes are all so shit!!

I have to wrap up now as i have a few household jobs to do. My room looks like the aftermath of a wrestling match between Wayne and Chris Moyles.

1 comment:

Dean Saliba said...

An uneventful evening?

You seem to be quite upset that I managed to refrain from starting any trouble. lol